- Created on 11 January 2010
- Written by GTL Admin
- Hits: 2529
Put Your Gamer Card on Your Windows DesktopIf you need one more place to show off your gamerscore, how about putting your gamer card on your Windows desktop? You can also feature those of your friends and rivals - so when you're deep in a PowerPoint presentation you know when your archenemy just edged you out and can immediately fake a cardiac episode, cut out of work, run home, fire up Xbox 360, and regain the lead. Not that anyone would ever do that!?!
Here's how to get your gamer card (or anyone else's) onto your Windows desktop.
From your Windows Desktop:
1. Select Start.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. Double-click Display.
4. Select the Desktop tab at the top of the window.
5. Select the Customize Desktop button (at the bottom of the window).
6. Select the Web tab at the top of the window.
7. Select New.
8. In the Location field, enter this URL: http://gamercard.xbox.com/[insert your gamertag here].card (make sure to replace the bracketed text).
9. Click OK, OK, OK … etc.
If your gamer card seems to be swimming in a sea of gray, just re-size the window to frame the gamer card.