- Created on 13 January 2012
- Written by GTL Admin
- Hits: 1196
- < Ryder White DLC for Dead Island Revealed
- Namco Bandai Celebrates Over 10 Million Naruto And Naruto Shippuden Games Shipped Worldwide >
38 Studios Summons a Demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Unveils Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Bonuses From BioWare
Cross-Promotion Rewards Mass Effect 3 Fans with Exclusive Items Designed by Todd McFarlane and Reckoning Fans with Items Inspired by Mass EffectThe massive world of Amalur will finally break open when Electronic Arts and 38 Studios release a demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on January 17, 2012. Available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, the demo will give players a taste of the rich, diverse, action-packed world of Amalur, and will also unlock special items in the final game.
In addition to the demo, 38 Studios has teamed up with BioWare to create a cross promotion to reward fans of both Reckoning and Mass Effect 3*. By playing the upcoming demos for both Reckoning and Mass Effect 3, gamers will receive special in-game items, including Mass Effect inspired, Omni-blade daggers in Reckoning and special Reckoning-themed armor and assault rifle in Mass Effect 3 designed by award-winning artist Todd McFarlane.
By playing the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo, gamers will receive two unlocks for Mass Effect 3 when the highly anticipated game releases on March 6, 2012, both designed by the renowned creator of Spawn, Todd McFarlane:
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.
In addition to the Mass Effect items above, players who play the Reckoning demo will also unlock:
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.
Developed by 38 Studios Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will be available on February 7, 2012 in North America and on February 10, 2012 in Europe on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
*Demos may not be available in all countries.