- Created on 23 July 2012
- Written by GTL Admin
- Hits: 436
- < Konami Releases Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Gameplay Footage
- Gamescom 2012 World Premieres Lining Up >
Bethesda has just released the Beta version of the 1.7 title update for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Steam. In addition to Steam, the update is planned for release on Xbox 360 and PS3 — more details will be provided as soon as possible. Specific to PS3 players, features included in the 1.6 title update, including Mounted Combat, will be rolled into 1.7.
Release notes are as follows:
Update 1.7 (all platforms unless specified)
- General memory and stability optimizations
- Fixed crash related to new water shaders
- Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
- Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
- Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
- To provide feedback on the beta update, use our beta forum.
DOWNLOADING THE BETA UPDATE ON STEAMIf you’d like to download the 1.7 Beta Update on Steam, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Log into Steam
- Click on Steam in the upper menu
- Select Settings
- Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
- Select OK.
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs. Let Steam restart, and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.