- Created on 22 January 2013
- Written by GTL Admin
- Hits: 1137
- < Crysis 3 Multiplayer Beta Details Revealed
- Developer Reveals Intimate Details on Xbox 720 and PS4 >
After Guild Wars 2's three million activations announcement and Colin Johanson's blog post on ArenaNet’s dedication to supporting Guild Wars 2’s live game in 2013, we are pleased to share with you additional highlights of the first update, arriving Monday 28th January.
In the first update of the new year, players will be treated to a number of new features, including:
- A new storyline will play out over the coming months, one that all players can enjoy
- New achievement currency for daily/monthly achievements and new items you can buy with the new currency. There will also be rotating daily achievements every day of the week
- Guesting to allow playing with friends on different worlds.
- One Week, Two-Team PvP Tournaments and a new PvP Map permanently added to the rotation
- Several more game improvements and balancing enhancements
Temple of the Silent Storm Week
From January 28—February 4 the regular eight-team/three-round paid tournaments will be replaced by two-team/single-round paid tournaments in the Temple of the Silent Storm map. After the week is over, Temple of the Silent Storm will be added to the regular rotation of both free and paid tournaments.
Improved Achievement System
A new rotation of daily achievements is being added to add variety and encourage you to explore the open world. You’ll get different achievements every day of the week and a new achievement tracker in the UI to make it easier to track your progress.
New Achievement Laurels
You’ll earn these brand-new laurels as a reward for daily and monthly achievements!
Redeem these laurels for rewards like the new Ascended gear and Infusions!
With the new guesting system, you can play with friends on other worlds in the same region (North America, Europe) without changing your homeworld. Guesting is free, but going forward there will be a gem fee for transferring home worlds, so make sure you’re on the home world you want to permanently play on before 28 January!
New Utility Infusions and Ascended Amulets
A wide range of new gear is being added that can be purchased with the new laurels.
With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.
More Upgrades and Improvements
A ton of other improvements are being made to the game this month, such as enhanced performance in WvW, tweaks to the dynamic level adjustment system, and UI improvements, which will be detailed in the release notes.