- Created on 21 February 2012
- Written by GTL Admin
- Hits: 986
- < Explore The Rockies and New Zealand in EA Sports SSX Demo
- Gangstas In Space Mission Pack Released For Saints Row: The Third >
2K Games has announced that Spec Ops: The Line will be available for purchase in North America on June 26, 2012 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC. The game will be available internationally on June 29, 2012. In addition, fans who pre-order the title from participating retailers will receive rewarding in-game bonuses that enhance the multiplayer experience.
Developed by YAGER, Spec Ops: The Line’s single-player narrative unfolds within the destroyed opulence of Dubai. Once the playground for the world’s wealthiest elite, Dubai has fallen victim to a series of cataclysmic sandstorms. Playing as Captain Martin Walker, gamers will travel through beautiful and tragic environments in this gripping third-person shooter in the midst of unspeakable situations. Spec Ops: The Line will bring a riveting narrative to the military shooter genre, as players fight through Dubai to search for Colonel John Konrad and his missing battalion, The Damned 33rd.
Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K comments that,
Spec Ops: The Line is 2K Games’ first foray into the military shooter genre. We’ve created a unique game that explores the dark realities of war and places players in difficult situations where the line between right and wrong becomes increasingly blurred as players fight to survive.In addition to the single-player campaign, Spec Ops: The Line features an expansive, class-based multiplayer experience. The multiplayer mode features squad-based games that take place in the visually stunning environments of a sandstorm ravaged Dubai. As an added incentive, players who pre-order the game from participating retailers will receive a free upgrade to the Premium Edition, containing the following online multiplayer content:
Twice the amount of experience points will be awarded during the first week of play, enabling gamers to expedite character ranking;
- The AK-47 weapon will unlock at rank one;
- The “Officer Class” will unlock at rank one. This character class includes several team-based advantages, such as reducing damage to teammates and increasing the effectiveness of other classes;
- Access to the “FUBAR Pack,” which contains exclusive accessories allowing players to customize their characters with unique and visually distinctive items.