- Created on 05 April 2012
- Written by Javier Ivan Vargas
- Hits: 767
Is It Really A New Ending?Big news today guys. It seems that the folks over at BioWare has announced the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut via their blog.
The following is all directly from the words over at Bioware.
"For many of you the "Extended Cut" will help answer some questions and give closure to this chapter of the Mass Effect story. Oh and it's no cost to you - the fan."
And here is a quick FAQ about the Extended Cut:
What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?
- For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.
- No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.
- BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.
- Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.
- Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard’s story.
They're going to need it.