Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Reviewer: GTL Admin
Genre: Role Playing, MMORPG
Release Date: TBD
Developer: Square Enix
Publisher: Square Enix
Fri 27 Jul 12
The fate of the land would, however, soon change. Not fifteen years past, a new threat appeared from the north and east-the mighty Garlean Empire. With its fleets of behemoth airships and warriors brandishing weapons that spewed streams of fire, it crushed Ala Mhigo, the most powerful of the six Eorzean city-states. Galvanized by fear of a common foe, the remaining nations joined in a clandestine alliance. Fortunately, the dreaded invasion never came and an uneasy peace prevailed. Thus it was that Eorzea slipped into the Age of Calm.
As the city-states continued to develop regular standing armies, a growing number of mercenaries and hedge knights found themselves without employment. Concerned at the rise in number of armed men and women resorting to acts of villainy to survive, several respected leaders gathered together to form a network of guilds. The guilds provided these lost souls with the chance to utilize their talents for the benefit of themselves and others.
- Through the foresight and resolve of these leaders a new industry had emerged-and the Age of Adventure had begun.
- A persistent and evolving world with immersive storylines and well-developed characters in HD-quality and packed with real-time cutscenes
- Guild-based activities focused on catering to players with different gaming styles ranging from quick and extensive gameplay sessions to solo and group play
- The freedom to entirely alter the gameplay experience by equipping any of a wide array of weapons and tools in the Armoury System, one of the foundations of the FINAL FANTASY® XIV experience and the driving force behind character development
- A breathtaking musical score by renowned FINAL FANTASY series composer Nobuo Uematsu