Sniper Ghost Warrior
Reviewer: GTL Admin
Release Date: 6/29/2010
Developer: City Interactive
Publisher: City Interactive
Thu 10 Jun 10
Realism is at the heart of Sniper Ghost Warrior, and the game enjoys a truly realistic ballistic system that accounts for the distance of a shot, fall-off of the bullet’s trajectory, and environmental factors, such as wind direction. Similarly, the lush jungle environments, allow the user to use the cover of the foliage to take out key targets, while other members of your squad can act as ‘spotters’ to detail the positions of key adversaries. Players must also manage the breathing of their sniper to provide a more accurate shot, while the game’s ‘Bullet Cam’ system offers stunning close-ups as the bullets thud into their unsuspecting targets.
The mission spans 16 stages, starting with the problematic assassination attempt at the refinery, and moving on to oilrigs, a mine, the coast, and a set of ruins as the game’s plot continually surprises. Each level is brought to vivid life with the many rustles of the jungle keeping the player in a constant state of alert, and the sniper elements mixed with incredible firefights, as the enemy break cover and the squad is forced to engage in open combat.
Sniper Ghost Warrior represents a clever take on the military simulation genre, and also allows users to hone their sniper skills in a series of unique multi-player modes, wherein up to 16 players can compete simultaneously.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior game features:
- Enjoy a fully realistic ballistic system that accounts for distance falloff and environmental effects such as wind
- Manage your breathing for increased accuracy of sniper shots
- Cooperate with your spotter for a better performance
- Watch your bullets strike the enemy with pin-point accuracy In Bullet Cam mode
- Take part in the assault team sections
- Wonderfully reproduced jungles of the South American rain forests
- Advanced character animations
- The most realistic sniping experience in a video game ever
- A breathtaking story of the rise and fall of a ruthless dictator
- Top of the line ballistic system that accounts for environmental effects like wind and gravity. Track the bullet ""trace"" as it cuts through the air towards the target. Modern snipers and their spotters rely upon this ""trace"" to make adjustments.
- Non-linear gameplay allows players to decide how they wish to approach a situation. Challenges may be completed in several different sequences, giving players the freedom to explore.
- Variety of mission types from long-range sniping and close quarter combat, to booby-trapping and infiltration.
- The surroundings of the sniper are key in developing mission strategy and tactics to accomplish the mission. City Interactive’s Sniper: Ghost Warrior places the player in a variety of game maps, artfully built on the Chrome™ engine. Ranging from a dense jungle to an industrial complex, oil rig and more, Sniper: Ghost Warrior offers the player a variety of scenarios to find the right vantage point and get the perfect head shot!